Signature Grand Launch @ The Roof!

Well woohoo! I had a fun Wednesday night and it is all thanks to Nuffnang for inviting me to attend the Signature Grand Launch @ The Roof. It was my first blogger event and I was very excited! :)
Luckily, I was allowed to bring a plus one ( I am shy with people I do not know, plus it's a blogger event so who knows I might say something silly) Also, I guess I am a little bit more happening now...LOL!

Taking a selfie before we embark on to our journey... LOL it was only a 30 minutes drive. The traffic was unbelievably smooth. We reached 1 Utama earlier than scheduled so we went on to have dinner first. Oh man, I think I suffered walking with heels. I don't normally wear heels so I think I stumbled a few times while walking. They say shorter people would be more stable because we are closer to the center of gravity...absolutely FALSE, at least to me.

We had Dubu Dubu for dinner, that was my second time dining in that restaurant. I remember the first time when I dined in, I was disappointed because I didn't find it authentic enough? That was besides the point anyways.

The event started at 8pm but Samantha and I were the first few guests who arrived early at the event. We met another blogger named Laura!


I thought it was gonna be a lot of Boom, Boom,Boom at first but the songs they played were pretty decent and quite old school. It's not bad at all.

Jack Saw was the bloggers manager, so he showed us to our table. I was not really happy with where we were placed because our table was right at the corner beside the cake display like it was just awkward.
I never had this before hohoho, I did but that was because I reserved a table BUT this was completely different.
We were soon served with Kronenboug 1664, a French beer and I actually really like this beer. I was like "oh, this is awesome!" Three of us just waited for the rest of the bloggers to arrive so that we could start our Food tasting. It's like a wish come true! Getting invited to places, trying food and giving honest reviews.

So while we waited for the rest of the bloggers to arrive, Sam and I just took pictures and talked to Laura.



All four of us waiting for the rest to arrive. The ambience of the place was quite nice tho, it felt classy? Or it just feels like a place where people would hang to release some stress after working hours with music, food and drinks.

The rest of the awesome people at the event! :) We waited for the food for quite some time and we were all so hungry. Finally, when the food arrive..

It was all in small portions..umm not enough to feed all 10 of us. I know it's a food tasting BUT we could at least gotten enough, I guess. The picture above was the second dish. The first were some oysters with mango if I am not mistaken. I did not had a bite on that because the smell of the oyster was not fresh appealing to me. See, I had a really terrible food poisoning experience last year when I ate at TAO buffet. I had 2 oysters and BAM! food poisoning that lead me to have the worse gastric of the year of 2013. Then I just told myself that I will not eat any oysters unless it is shucked in front of me.Anyways, the pasta dish was actually not bad. I enjoyed the squid ink pasta, the taste of it all was balance.

The live band that played the whole night. They were pretty good! Played some classics and some up to date songs as well. woo hoo!



Look at how I tried to do a wink while I drink? It looks like I'm closing my eyes because my eyes are so small. LOL


It was a really fun night and I enjoyed myself. It's rare for me to be out for an event on a week day night but this was worth it! Thank you once again Nuffnang and The Roof for inviting me to this event. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment