For The Love of Peaches

finally found the time to blog. This past two weeks have been quite hectic for me. On Monday, I was suppose to baked a Strawberry Summer Cake and experiment on Chorizo burger patties as well but that did not work out since I had some errands to run.

Anyways, I made a Peach Brown Butter Buckle cake last two weeks ago and it was amazing! I took the recipe from www.smittenkitchen.com They have so many amazing recipes. Even the brownie recipe from the previous post was from the Smitten Kitchen. As I browsed through Smitten Kitchen, I kept wanting to try so many things, I told  bugged Hun about the amount of things I want to bake and try and how we should go on an adventure so I can get inspired.

I usually decide what I am going to bake by asking Hun what kind of fruits is he craving for and then I find a recipe. The original recipe for the brown butter buckle calls for Nectarines but they are kinda out of season ? But hey! Nectarines are actually just a hairless version of peaches so no fret. 

Okay, so I woke up very early and excited  that Monday morning to make this. When I do something I always stay positive and happy, I think the last thing you want to do is to make something be it baking, making a card feeling unhappy because some how it shows. 



I used Donut peaches instead of the normals ones because I had such a hard time finding for normal peaches. So for this particular cake, I used all spice for the cake and cinnamon for the streusel. 


I love the smell of peaches, sweet and fragrant little things. However, the peaches I bought disappoint me a little because it wasn't sweet nor sour. 


The only time consuming part while making this cake was the brown butter bit. When it starts bubbling, browning it gets burnt fast so I can't really multitask because of this. Then it needs to be cooled down before I can actually start baking the cake. I pre-cut the peaches and squeezed some lemon juice over it to prevent oxidisation. 


The brown butter cinnamon streusel. It's amazing because it stays so crunchy even after a few days. So much love for this cake. 


 
The cake was so moist that I really couldn't tell if it was done baking in the oven or not. 

Cut a slice of this baby while it's still slightly warm, scoop a ball of creamy vanilla ice cream and eat it. The combination is heavenly! 

I'm hungry now from typing all of these. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment