Food thoughts

I've been reading so many food blogs lately and I have this sudden urge to cook/bake so many things. Also, I've yet to get this really awesome cook book by Thomas Keller titled 'Buchon Bakery' :(

I usually baked Chocolate Chip Cookies whenever I'm bored, because my kitchen always filled with self raising flour, sugar and etc. I last baked about 2 months ago, oh man I really want to do more. Who wants to be my guest ? :)


I particularly love this recipe from Jamie' Oliver because it's so simple and fast to make.

All you need is :

1. Chicken
2. Tomatoes ( I put so much of tomatoes because I love tomatoes plus it kinda helps with keeping the chicken moist)
3. Potatoes ( who doesn't love potatoes?! )
4. Sweet Basil
5. Olive oil 
6. Salt and course black pepper
7. Red chili 
8. Lemon juice and zest
9. Garlic

I can't tell you how much exactly of chicken to use because I always use my instincts to make this dish. I do taste if the chicken is seasoned enough and then quickly rinsed my mouth with wate. Well raw chicken ain't good for you! 

So basically, I just cut my tomatoes into wedges, just use the basil leaves and smash my garlic and throw it into the baking pan. Pour olive oil all over that chicken and give it a good rub! Yeap, rub it all over with shit loads of olive oil till you're happy :) season with salt and pepper , put in the zest and lemon juice then rub it again. When you're done massaging your lovely chicken, just pop it in the oven, bake it at 180 degrees for 1 1/2 hours and wait for all of that goodness to be ready for your stomach. 

The original recipe does not call for lemon juice or the zest. Since I've tried it before I guess adding something extra that made it tastier;) 

I think my hunger lead me to writing to post. 

Well good day ! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment